Monday, January 9, 2012

New iPhone

I have been a BlackBerry user for about 5 years... I used it for the typical smartphone purposes-- SMS, keeping notes, accessing mobile web sites, email, posting to this blog.

My kids have been using iPhones for several years. It just happened over the holidays that we were eligible for an upgrade of phones, so I used it to replace my BlackBerry with an iPhone. I wish I had made the switch much earlier. We know that technology that is easier to use is more likely to be used, and the ease of use is what I am most impressed with while using the iPhone. The interface is easier to use and the natural movements allowed by the touch screen allows for far more efficient interaction than the joy stick of the BlackBerry.

Also, Siri and the rest of the voice-enabled functions (esp. notes) make me wonder why we don't give such devices to all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment