Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CodeAcademy

Ever since reading Douglas Rushkoff's Program or Be Programmed a couple of years ago, I have tried to give my students experience writing programs. My rationale is simple-- if we understand how to control technology (and even that we can control technology), then we are going to be more empowered and less likely to be controlled by technology.

As part of my adventure to introduce programming to students (especially I have found middle school students accepting of programming) I am always on the lookout for tools to teach programming-- especially those that allow for no threshold and no ceiling (anyone can follow along and there is no limit to what you can do).


CodeAcademy appears to be one that deserves some attention...

It has also been featured on Wired recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment