Friday, January 27, 2012

Going mobile

Oh how the times have changed... 10 years ago, when I was thinking about presenting at conferences, I would create slides on PowerPoint and then print them on acetate sheets with my ink jet printer so that I could put them on the overhead projector.

Then I would drag a laptop and projector and an extra extension cord and power strip to conferences.

As I am getting ready for some presentations this spring, I am planning to carry my iPhone, a dongle, and an extra vga cable... everything will fit onto my pocket! (Of course, this plan will work only for those conferences in which the organizers are supplying projectors in each presentation room. But for the others, I have still reduced my baggage by half... and I expect the trend will be for conference venues to supply projectors as part of their standard service in the near future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment