Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Forget SOPA... PBS is a teacher's friend

While I love the digital age and begin able to fire up Google and find the answer to many questions, I also long for the days when I could be sure that the media I was consuming was "good." (The bootlegged video of musicians performances on YouTube are OK, but the ones I enjoy the most-- and actually watch throughout-- are those that were produced and edited by professionals.)

So, while SOPA may be intended to protect copyright owners, I appreciate (and support financially) those who create good content and then make it available for web users. To prove my point... PBS has a wonderful collection of digital media that is of highest quality. For example, the feature on the circus a few years ago included several clips appropriate for the science classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment