Friday, March 9, 2012

Thoughts on 21st century skills

As I sit in my classroom that is yet again Internet-less, I am reading! Printed copies of documents that have been on my to read list... Since the last time we lost connection.
One item I am re-reading is Jenkin's report on new literacies. I am struck by the insight he demonstrated in his description of the laissez faire approach to technology. So many educators are not active participants in the technology culture and so they avoid it with students and assume that they will get it.
As I am experiencing right now, educators can no longer be laissez faire-- teachers gotta be aggressive in how they use technology and administrators need to be aggressive in understanding the infrastructure and systems in their schools.

- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment