Friday, March 9, 2012

Apple Hopes to Improve the Picture for the iPad

As the New iPad has been generating buzz, colleagues have been finding me to ask "Did you order yours yet?"

Unfortunately "no" is my response... my younger son is off to college this fall and I have an very active job search underway so I need to get some things resolved before I spend money on new technology.

Interestingly, I also am going to be replacing a laptop soon. It appears as if I am going to be able to go "PC-less" once I enter the computer market. I have been keeping track of computing recently and the only time I use a desktop or laptop is when I have to prepare a document for publication-- get a manuscript ready for the publisher which includes iBook Author.

The software I need for those purposes is on a months-old Mac Mini that is shared within our family-- we used to keep the computer in a public place in our house to be available to help our kids and keep an eye on what they were doing, now it has become a deeply embedded habit to have a computer in the flow of the house.

I thought you might be interested in the following story on TechnologyReview.com:

"Apple Hopes to Improve the Picture for the iPad"
With its new iPad, Apple focuses on a better screen and high-speed connectivity to stay ahead of competitors.

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=39871&a=f

To view this story, click the link above or paste it into your browser.


- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment