Friday, December 30, 2011

New computer arrived today!

Our holiday gift to the family was to begin updating our computer resources... this will be a several-month process.

The first item as a Mac Mini to replace a 7-year-old PC that is shared by everyone in the family. We bought it from a vendor who bundled with it some RAM. I was amazed at the design of the Mini and how easy it as to open and install the RAM-- by far the easiest machine I have ever opened. As soon as the monitor arrives (tracking information says its is out for delivery), it will be booted up and ready to go.

Next on the list is ordering an iPad for my wife and I (the kids already have them). I expect my younger son will accept a MacAir as his high school graduation gift in the spring, and then I will complete the upgrades with another MacAir soon afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment