Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Where Speech Recognition Is Going

OK, so here is an article that suggests voice recognition is "the next big thing." I have to wonder though...

I have an iPhone with Siri. But I don't use it much. The main reason is that I don't want others around me to know what I am doing. I guess I still like my privacy.

You have to wonder how schools will change once students are talking to their computers.

I thought you might be interested in the following story on TechnologyReview.com:

"Where Speech Recognition Is Going"
Voice-controlled interfaces are showing up in mobile phones, TVs, and automobiles. One company believes it can give just about everything a voice.

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=40327&a=f

To view this story, click the link above or paste it into your browser.


- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment