Monday, February 20, 2012

iBooks-- another update

Since it as released earlier this month, Apple's iBook Author has been on my "to use" list of software. I have been using it to collect presentations that I have made (and will be making); in addition, I am adding the final table of contents and related sections of my book that will be available later this year. My goal is that this spring, I can point those in the audience of my presentations to the iBook Store to download my presentations.

In addition, I have been drafting an iBook for an enrichment course I have been drafting for a couple of years.

I am coming to the conclusion that digital textbooks will indeed be a "game changing" resource for educators. The idea of turning a classroom upside down seems to becoming reality through digital texts. With these, I can direct students to excellent web resources that do a good job of presenting ideas (there are educators who are far better at lecturing that I am whose presentations are available) and I can use time in the classroom to work with students on more complex ideas and to troubleshoot their work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment