Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Aaron Swartz Hacks the Attention Economy

I am just back from a conference (details regarding what I learned coming soon) and getting caught up on reading-- I spent my time on the plane reading fiction for the first time in years!

On Tech Reviews app, there was a story about an Internet hacker who is on the cutting edge of Internet programming and use. His profile is interesting reading and gives insight into "the Internet's" side of piracy.

I thought you might be interested in the following story on TechnologyReview.com:

"Aaron Swartz Hacks the Attention Economy"
A digital guerrilla fighter explains what's wrong with anti-piracy laws, why the Internet and copyright law don't get along, and how he got into politics.

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=39595&a=f

To view this story, click the link above or paste it into your browser.


- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment