Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August: Tools to Know

August is here. A word that brings mixed feelings to educators. Before this month is out, we will be back in school. As the days of freedom to read and write what I want when I want (and the option of clearing my head by going to the garden for a few minutes disappears) dwindle to a precious few, I am reintroducing myself to a few tools... looking for changes, looking for new connections. I will post these tools here as I rediscover them...

If you haven't uses WolframAlpha yet, please take a few minutes and revisit it... a search engine for computable data, and it is amazing the data that is kept. The quick tour is here.

Khan Academy has been gaining some attention as it makes thousands of video available--basically show-and-tell speaker and "chalkboard" for solving math and science problems. Everything from addition to calculus.

No comments:

Post a Comment