Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An interesting change...

The spring 2011 issue of Action in Teacher Education arrived in my mailbox yesterday. As I skimmed the abstracts of the articles, I slowed down to read the one summarizing the research on pre-service middle school educators' experiences with technology. The article is on my "to read" pile, but the most interesting thing to me was that PowerPoint was referred to as an "old" technology along with magazines and similar media in the abstract. As I mentioned, I have yet to read the entire article so I am not sure why the authors choose to so categorize PowerPoint, but the observation that technology to present information is more similar to magazines than to other interactive technologies illustrates a more sophisticated understanding of information technlogy than I observe in many colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment