Monday, January 3, 2011

Body Browser

In the middle of December, Google released a demo test version of BodyBrowser. This does for the human body what GoogleEarth did for the planet. Basically, users get a 3D body, and the skin, bones, cardiovascular, nervous systems (oh yeah, the major internal organs also) can be seen. The body can be rotated and labels toggled on and off.

I have only been able to get BodyBrowser to work on Macintosh computers by downloading and installing Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta. For many users, it may be best to be aware this will be rolling out soon. My colleagues and I have been having fun brainstorming lists of features we would like to see... we expect links to descriptions of organs soon... perhaps a menu of diseases that can afflict the model with a mouse click. I am wondering how Google will make money with BodyBrowser, but I know science teachers will enjoy it for as long as it is available.



No comments:

Post a Comment