Monday, October 17, 2011

WolframAlpha... check it out

On occasion on this NELMS blog, I have pointed readers to WolframAlpha, the computational knowledge engine, and given the attention I gave Siri with Wolfram Alpha earlier today, I should point readers who don't have an iPhone back to the site.

One of the features I enjoyed the most when I used the full version of Mathematica (the software behind WolframAlpha) was the 3-D molecules that could be rotated. (I know similar options were available with certain web browsers and plug-in's, but this is far easier to use that the previous options.)

This capacity is built into Wolfram|Alpha with CDF... and it does require an install and restart, but it is worth the few minutes of work to add interactive computing to your web browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment