Monday, October 31, 2011

Technology questions...

After reading an opinion piece entitled "the wrong education questions are being answered" recently, I reflected on my morning walk about the important technology questions that we are ignoring in our schools... here is my short list:

> What are the skills my students will need in the future?-- We have all sorts of standards, but none appear to be forward-looking at all. If we cannot predict the future, then how can we assume we know now what they will need then?

> What can I learn from my students?-- For the first time in the history of humankind (I speculate), there is a skills inversion... young people are more skilled users of information and technology than their teachers.

> How can we be flexible in our technology systems?-- There is one things that is for sure... technology today changes-- quickly!-- and educators do not. Whatever systems we create for technology infrastructure or technology usage, must be adaptable

No comments:

Post a Comment