Saturday, December 11, 2010

The More Things Change...

The most recent PC World arrived today. I am not as interested in it now that I am not maintaining computers (I only worry about curriculum and instruction!), but as I flipped through the pages, I was struck by the emerging technology featured in the pages... tablet PC, smart phones, HDTV, cloud computing... but also by the familiarity of tech issues... password security, patches to fix hole exposing our computers to hackers, steps to improve the performance of your PC....

Makes me think that we are still in the middle of the transition: Thirty years ago, we were just seeing PC's become mainstream and there were great claims of life-changing information on the horizon. We are still hearing the same claims and still spending time and energy fixing things that it seems should have been fixed by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment