Monday, October 21, 2013

Upside-down classrooms

Next month, I will be presenting a session entitled "Flipping with Purpose" at the 2013 AMLE conference in Minneapolis, MN. The focus will be how we can use flipped classrooms to refresh technology in our classrooms.

My premise is the the "watch video instruction for homework" and "do homework in class" approach to flipping classrooms accomplish a small fraction of the refreshing that is necessary. In my presentation, I will focus on:


  • Six models of planning that are more sophisticated than the typical flipped classroom
  • Tips and habits, including virtual classrooms and school-wide planning strategies 


I will use the term upside-down classrooms to contrast my vision with flipped classrooms. In preparation for that session, I have prepared a 120-page PDF (and print) book available from Lulu. This will be an excellent companion to the presentation as the rationale for turning classrooms upside-down is presented.


http://www.lulu.com/shop/gary-ackerman/flipped-with-purpose-ebook/ebook/product-21261835.html?showPreview=true

No comments:

Post a Comment