Thursday, August 23, 2012

Teacher Leaders

This article requires suggests teachers are a valuable (and under-utilized) resource in schools. I concur with the author (although many teachers who believe themselves to be expert teachers who should be leaders are neither expert nor potential leaders). My observations suggest as well that the administrator (either principal or superintendent) who is willing to recognize teachers as experts and accept them as leaders is becoming rare. Very rare. In the area where I most recently worked as a teacher, that leader was extinct. (I will miss the students and my colleagues from that school.)

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/learning_forwards_pd_watch/2012/08/give_teachers_more_opportunities_to_lead.html?intc=bs


- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment