Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Digital Learning Amazes Me...

Yesterday, I was on our school's full-text database in search of a few articles for a writing project that has the potential of consuming my summer, when I found a new link to a product provided by the publishers: A collection of five foreign language courses delivered via video (a mix of audio with transcripts and video).

Sure, there are complaints that could be registered-- there is no instructor, there is no feedback, there is no way to justify a grade. But surely, there are benefits also. In my school we have no option for teaching French, German, or Mandarin, but students can at least be exposed to those languages and cultures via this new tool. The frustrating thing for me, is that I get excited about new technologies and new opportunities for our students available via technology, but when I share them with colleagues the reaction is usually something along the lines of "that'd nice, but it won't fit into my classroom."

No comments:

Post a Comment